Safe journeys, every time. That’s our top priority at Safe Transport Victoria.
As the safety regulator for taxis, rideshares, marine vessels and buses, our goal is to ensure you return home safely, every time.
Every day, thousands of passengers use Victorian taxis, rideshares and buses to get where they need to go
Here at Safe Transport Victoria, we work together with the taxi, rideshare and bus industries to foster a culture that is based on safety. Not just for drivers, but for passengers as well.
How we help you ride with confidence
At Safe Transport Victoria, safety is at the heart of everything we do. This is how we help you ride with confidence as a passenger.
- All rideshare vehicles have a CPV sticker on them
- All drivers undergo background checks
- All taxi and rideshare vehicles need to be registered with us
- You can report any issues with your ride to us or the booking service provider
- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle drivers need to pass an extra assessment to provide transport to passengers using a wheelchair
How you can be the ultimate passenger
We believe that everyone has a role to play in ensuring a great taxi, rideshare and bus journey, including passengers! So, to get the most out of your ride, be sure to do the following:
- Be the passenger you’d want to ride with!
- Be punctual and communicate with your driver if you’re running late
- Keep the vehicle clean
- Always wear your seatbelt for your own safety
- Provide honest feedback on your driver’s performance