There’s new guidance to support members of the CPV industry meet legal requirements to operate.
The Victorian Commercial Passenger Vehicle Industry Code of Practice (the Code), Part 2 – Meeting your safety duties provides practical guidance on how those in the industry can comply with their safety responsibilities, also known as safety duties.
Part 2 has detailed reference tables for each of the following safety duty holders:
- Vehicle owners
- Booking service providers
- Persons with control over the provision of commercial passenger vehicle services
- Suppliers of services or equipment.
Some of the topics covered include:
- vehicle operation, maintenance and servicing
- safety/accessibility equipment, security cameras and vehicle signage
- driver accreditation, training and instruction on the use of vehicles
- customer service and acting in a professional way
- reporting of notifiable incidents and safety risks
- communication with other safety duty holders.
Part 1 of the Code details a risk management process for the industry so they can take steps to control, eliminate or mitigate risks in a manner suited to the size and nature of their commercial passenger vehicle, equipment or service business. Part 1 was published in July 2019.
Find out more in: Industry code of practice.